Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wow!  So much has been happening lately!  I've been working in the garden and tending to the bees and have some more photos to post.



Bee gymnastics?  I've heard that this is how bees measure spaces in which to build honeycomb.  Or maybe their are measuring for new curtains?









This big hornet was flying about the kitchen today and I really wanted to photograph it without killing it.  I trapped it in a glass and put it in the refrigerator for a few minutes - just until it quit buzzing around in the glass.  Camera at the ready I put the hornet on a piece of paper, removed the glass, and took about half a dozen photos.  Then I replaced the glass, took it out side and released the hornet.  It took off after warming back up for a moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment